Saturday, October 10, 2009

POLITICS AND THE DEATH OF AN INSTITUTION

It's Friday morning as I write this. It has rained all night here in southern Indiana and you can here the water rushing through the lake overflow. Kinda nice. We are supposed to get a bunch more rain today. I guess that is okay. The Handmaiden has new ristras hanging on the various beams and window trim and there will be a lot more. And I mean a LOT more. The foodstocks keep building here at the homestead. I think this Winter is going to be an ass kicker and the thought of being supplied with preps is a comforting thing. Gold is going up and so did the dollar last night. But it is all fake and controlled and don't mean a damn thing. I listened to a five part interview of Gerald Celente on the Jeff Rense show last night. YouTube had the whole thing. And you didn't even need to click on the next audio tape because YouTube will do it for you. Pretty slick. Celente's message has not changed much except to say that it is all over but the screams and it's time to get out the pop corn and watch the fireworks. I tried reading Bloomberg yesterday but the spin is so amazing I could not continue through the whole article. Those people want to tell you everything but the truth. And, old fashioned prepper that I am, I just want to know the facts. And modern media does not want you to know the facts.

Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize last night. A tad bit under nine months in office and he gets awarded a big international award for his efforts at making peace in the world. I ain't buying it. He got the Nobel Peace Prize as a consolation for not getting the Olympics. He is getting ready to sanction a war against Iran. He is fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, and a little bit in Somalia. Obama is about as peaceful as a California forest fire. I guess it is just one more thing that has been reduced to nothing in this crazy world of ours. But things are changing and we must get used to it. Then I read this morning that nominations for the prize were closed 10 days after Obama took office. I say it was rigged and thus counts for nothing. Shame on the Nobel committee.

I seem to have writers block this morning. Just a casual running out of gas I guess. But I don't want to quit this close to the finish line. I believe the system is going down and I want to stay with the program until the end. I did get a good prepper read off of Hermit Jim this morning. His piece is at http://hermitjim.blogspot.com/2009/10/believe-it-or-nota-review.html . His review is of some things we can all probably use and haven't got as yet. Maybe that ain't true of all of you, but it is for me. Especially that coffee pot. Looks like a winner. Big. Metal. Percolator. Nice. Reminds me of 40 years ago when we used big old metal coffee pots to make our coffee in the morning. It was the Old Man's recipe and he called it Hobo Coffee. Strong but good. Stay alive.

Michael

mboone@rtccom.net

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Every once in a while, you really tug at my heartstrings, Michael! Today, it's the percolator comment. Percolators remind me of my childhood...long story short, my mom and I lived with my grandparents after my dad ditched us. We spent our summers in the summer kitchen canning, freezing and drying, and part of the tradition was percolated coffee that we kids were allowed to partake of. Those were the best years of my life!

And yes, I do have my own percolator. A 3-cupper I picked up at the Goodwill store. I was so excited to find it, you'd have thought it was Christmas :)

Mayberry said...

Nobel lost all credibility when they gave the prize to Gore, in my opinion. It's just another tentacle of the NWO...

Sheeeee-it, the verification word is "entiedle"... Heh heh heh, Obammy was "entiedled" to his globalist award...

Pete Smith said...

It's so good that you are getting ready for winter. The winter here means rain. In this part of CA we go 200 to 225 days with no rain. I'm a good ole country boy from North Carolina and I'm use to rain about every week or two. It is so crazy to go so long with no rain. We got a nice summer storm this year it came down from the Sierra Mt's and it rained for about 45 min it was a nice cool rain and I loved it. Me and my wife have had it here and are making plans to move out of CA, we hope by or at the first of the year. Please say a prayer for us. Pete

http://patriotsagainstthenwo.blogspot.com/