Thursday, June 3, 2010

A SHORTY

Acts like it might be a warm one today. Rained last night but no thunderboomer. I went to bed and went out like a light for about nine hours. Nothing like a good night's sleep. I'll take every one I can get. The wife and brother-in-law have gone to the garden. It's gonna be muddy. But they have this drive to survive and I can't hardly blame them. More people should be getting the drive all the time, but they won't. They are too stupid. And I didn't make 'em that way. There are three things that form up a person. Genetics, environment, and the will of God. And these things control our drives and our outlook all of our days. We know that the environment we have provided most of our kids has been screwed to the max. Spending their days playing computer games has not done them any good whatsoever. It maybe trained them u to fight technological warfare but it gave them no sense of values. And this country is hurting for values.



The Gulf oil mess is still growing and nothing is getting done. How shameful. And Obama is getting ready to go to the Pacific to do some diplomatic stuff. How nice. Our wonderful Gulf of Mexico is getting turned into a sludge pot, even as you read this blog.



The news is so distasteful I can barely type this post. The Book says oppression maketh a wise man mad. And I think the "mad" refers to insane. Which would lead me to think that this nation is going insane and going to do a damn good job of it. Well, go ahead and get it on. And when you snap please release your energy toward Washington, D.C. We don't deserve it here.



We are not buy any more tobacco for the family. It is getting to be just too damned expensive and we can not afford it. Which proves that there is good in poverty. Anything that can get you to cry out to God and quit smoking can't be all bad. But that can't be true or else we would relish being burnt at the stake. Stay alive.



Michael



mboone@rtccom.net

3 comments:

Bitmap said...

"Anything that can get you to cry out to God and quit smoking can't be all bad. But that can't be true or else we would relish being burnt at the stake. Stay alive."

The difference is that stopping the use of tobacco is good for you while burning at the stake is not.

On a darker note, if you are burned at the stake you will quit smoking - eventually.

Pete Smith said...

I agree about the leaders of this country, mad I tell you mad!!!!

Mayberry said...

I think I'll quit myself. Never could get my tobacco seed to sprout. And now the government bastards have made mailing tobacco illegal. No more cheap indian reservation bulk tobacco for me to roll my own...