Thursday, February 12, 2009

LETTING GO

Got an Old Monkees song bangin' around in my head this morning. "What's the use in trying, all you get is pain. When I needed sunshine I got rain." It's sorta my ode to the system this morning. AND IT IS A SYSTEM! You can call it the New World Order or the Beast, or any other title you prefer, but it is a system. It is full of do and don't and rules and regulations. It is full of coulda, woulda, shoulda. I saw an article about 10 companies that will lead us out of the financial doldrums we now find ourselves in. I wouldn't even click on it for the laugh. It has become obvious to me that a lot of people do not have any control over their own lives and a surprising number of them like it that way. We have to find work for these people in the future. Give 'em beer on Saturday night and a game to play on Sunday. Then Monday they can go back to the mine and start whacking it out again.

We have enough! We have all we need and a surplus. We don't need to be led anywhere to gain anymore we just need to make do with what we have. There is a body of people called survivalists and there is a body of people called consumerists. And they don't have much in common. One group is trying to get by with what they have and the other group is trying to get by on what they don't have yet. One has an old pick up truck that he can keep running and the other is thinking about next years trade for a new road hog. But the majority of people cannot get consumerism out of their system. It has a deeply ingrained place in the human psyche. I think of the English manors of days gone by. Neatly trimmed hedges and luxurious gardens. Stately homes and hardy pets. All neat and trimmed and the envy of the common folk. And they are mostly consigned to the bosom of antiquity. No one can afford that shit any more. A few have the money but they mostly want to live in a great city and have all the amenities it can provide. But the dream of the landed estate lives on. Vast spans of McMansions spread across the land with manicured lawns and very clean cars. Garage doors open as if by magic, though it is a button on a key chain that activates it. The whole thing is powered by easy credit. But the credit system has turned around and bit America on the ass and the bills are coming due. Time to pay the piper.

I am starting to look at life differently than the way I was raised. I am starting to look at work as something I enjoy and if I don't enjoy it I will get something else to do. If you look around in a place like I live in, there is always a need of something and it could very well be something I enjoy or would give me satisfaction. I do not ever want to become a consumerist again! The system makes you a slave and I don't like the yoke. Since I have spent these last 38 years contemplating life and it's ramifications I have decided I do not like indentured servitude. I don't like paying bills. Can you say that? I DON'T LIKE PAYING BILLS! Man. It feels good just to say the words. And it is such a blessing when you get to the point you don't have to do it. I worked very hard to get where I am now and I don't want to turn loose of it. I don't want to deal with any bankers or credit card companies. I don't want to be involved in the court system of this corrupt land. I would just as soon not fool around with their medical system as it is liable to kill you as often as it heals you.

I look out over the land and I do not hear the sound of the Turtledove. I do not sense it being a time to breed and a time of courting and romance. A strong wind is blowing across the valley this morning and rain is persistent It is fairly warm but the sky is dark. And always the wind. A steady 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. I feel the wind is blowing in a time of trouble, a time of hardship, a time of danger. But the rain is still here so the spirit is also. Rain is the spiritual manifestation of the presence of God, if you didn't know that already. I want preps! I could spend a million dollars on preps in a very short period of time. And God knows that and I accept his will for this hour. But the preparations are going to get accomplished! Because they MUST be accomplished. At least they must be accomplished if God intends that this society go down.

The smart guys, the wise guys, are milking this thing for all it's worth. The very rich are becoming the ultra rich. Feudalism has been gone for quite a while in western civilizations, but it could be coming back. I don't dig the yoke of petty tyrants much, either. Bullet catchers, the way I see it. In the meantime, prepare like it was going out of style! And stay alive.

Michael

mboone@rtccom.net

3 comments:

scoutinlife said...

Great post Michael! The storm came through last nite 70-80 mile hour winds... A bit of minor damage to the homestead but minor repairs for the weekend....

RG said...

Awesome post. I gave up consumerism back in 2006. I was not "awake" them and have no idea what inspired me but I have been living a very humble, simple, spiritual life ever since. BTW, I have been prepping me arse off since last summer.

Mayberry said...

Well Michael, the winds of trouble have been blowing 40 plus for days down here..... Spring has sprung already, dandilions have come up, and trees are budding. And there's our springtime howling southeast wind....... Not as bad as Scout's though!

I share your sentiments exactly. Screw bills.... And I find work to be extremely gratifying when it's done for myself. Always have. I take great pride in producing things for myself, or for sale. No better sense of accomplishment on Earth....