Sunday, October 12, 2008

SURVIVALISM, FOOD, SECURITY, FRIENDS

I have had a couple comments from readers who are very pleased that I put up the article about Survivalist Seeds. I am on the John Lipscomb seed band wagon. The price is right, folks. Spend the cash and have your stash. Things like this do not come round everyday. I don't now how Big John has kept himself hidden so well. I have googled non-hybrid seed until my eyes are tired of it and I never picked up on his deal until this week. So Michael is a slow guy, but I am in the race and that is better than most folks are doing. Most folks get to sit by the sidelines and hope for a miracle. I stock food!

Seed is something you can't do without if you want to grow your own food. And it looks like the day is approaching when you will grow or do without. Doing without is a drag. I was reading some Harvard Doctors learned treatise on saying alive and he said the three most important things to do were eat good nutritional food, drink plenty of water, and get plenty of exercise, or as much as you can stand. These are the things that let your body do it's best to heal and return to normal from any sickness or injury. Good organically grown food from non-hybrid seed will present you with the best possible nutrition outside of wild foods. Get all of it that you can.

I have tried to watch the media's reporting on the economy this weekend and it is a hopeless endeavor. These people cannot get a story straight if their very lives depend on it. The best they can do is echo Dubya's admonition to not worry, we will come out of this. And I, of course, not only think that is wrong but it looks like it could be fatal. Doesn't any body get it? We have gone into a global depression and it is going to be bad. All you are living on at this time is the little momentum the economy used to have. Maybe one of the best views I have heard is that we will go through a period of deflation and then hyperinflation will kick in and it's Katy bar the door. Do not be fooled by this global economy talk. Globalism has failed! It has only served to make the elite rich. Your LOCAL food and goods production is where it is at for you. If you want to sustain yourself get into food production. People can't live without it. Get your garden site figured out and get a couple of BIG NASTY DOGS to guard it for you at night. Critters and other humans will rip you off if you don't protect your crop. I have said many times that if you have something that is really worth having, then it is worth it to protect it.

I have a visitor coming today. A guy I haven't seen in almost 35 years. He was just a very young kid when he left here with his parents. He has gotten himself a wife and some kids and has been in the Special Forces and fought overseas and now trains people in survivalism. He is an outdoors man and a survivalist. Can't get much better than that. We will be talking this afternoon. Should be good.

So I have a busy afternoon to look froward to and now I need to take a nap. Got up at 4:oo a.m. You all have a good day and stay alive. Staying alive is meaningful.

Michael

mboone@rtccom.net

No comments: